Your attention is drawn to the following CONDITIONS OF LET relating to self-catered accommodation for the Orton Holiday Cottages:
1. The Lessee shall be the person making the booking and must also be one of the persons staying in the holiday cottage. Sub-letting is prohibited unless specifically approved in advance by the Lessor in writing.
2. The Period of Let shall run from any time after 4.00pm on the date of arrival until 10.00am on the date of departure.
3. Self-catered accommodation is provided for up to the total number of beds provided within each property. Portable beds or sleeping bags must not be used in any of our properties.
4. Linen, heating oil, electricity is included in the rental. Additional linen or towels to that supplied at start of let will incur an additional charge. A change of guests during the week will incur additional laundry charges.
5. The guest must not change the amount of heat or power normally used on the Premises or install additional heating units.
6. Our cleaning staff will ensure that the properties are clean, and the beds are made up. We would ask that Guests keep the kitchen, kitchen equipment, dining room and all tableware clean, and leave these in the tidy condition in which they were found.
7. Pets are welcome but please do not permit them in the bedrooms, dining room or kitchen. You should make a bed or basket available for their use near the front or back door and they should be kept off the soft furnishings. Guests are also encouraged to ensure their pets do not foul the area immediately around the holiday property.
8. In line with UK and Scottish law, smoking and vaping are prohibited within any of our properties.
9. The Booking cost shall be payable in full six weeks before the booking is due to commence. Failure to pay on time shall be deemed to be a cancellation.
10. Charges for telephone calls (where a telephone is installed and used) must be settled before departure. Free Wi-Fi is provided at all our holiday properties.
11. VAT, where applicable, shall be paid at the rate pertaining at the time of payment.
12. Payment should be made by Credit or Debit card.
13. Cancellation – please see our separate Cancellation Policy.
14. Orton Holiday Cottages shall not be liable for accident, theft or other damages incurred by the guest and his or her guests. The guest shall be liable for any damage caused to furniture and furnishings incurred by the guest and his or her guests or pets.